Computer speedometers

Julian Wolfe fireflyst at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 19 16:32:36 CDT 2005

You're not alone.  Among the things I'm adding to the 11/23PLUS I have, I
purchased a SCSI enclosure with several 5.25" bays.  In those bays I'll be
putting a 5.25" speaker unit hooked to a DECtalk, a pair of analog gauges
meant for PCs that have system CPU speed and fan speed readouts on them
(once I figure out how they work!) and a serially controlled readout for
www.crystalfontz.com that shows random things like disk usage and whatnot.

It may even get neon lights underneath the cabinet, for...GROUND EFFECTS!

Alright, so I'm getting carried away, but why not?  It's my computer :)