Character Generator ROM data

Allison ajp166 at bellatlantic.net
Fri Oct 21 21:51:50 CDT 2005

>Subject: Re: Character Generator ROM data
>   From: cswiger <cswiger at widomaker.com>
>   Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:40:35 -0400 (EDT)
>     To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
>
>On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Allison wrote:
>

>> >   From: Chuck Swiger <cswiger at widomaker.com>
>> >I'm looking for a downloadable rom image for something like in old video
>>
>> Is simple.  Find a pattern you like in row or colum scan and convert the
>> bit pattern to a string of hex values and cook an Eprom/EEPROM.
>>

>Ok - Just probing for any existing rom dump files that might be out
>there w/o having to type a bunch of stuff in ;))  I've an opportunity
>to put a message in an unusual place.
>
>--Chuck

Dont have any on line myself.  However I've done it by hand and it's
not bad.  Actually you can do a cleaner set without all the fluff
or with needed chars.  One thing, the Eprom or EEprom needs to be
adaquately fast.  Not a big problen with moderm parts but the old
2716 and 2732 were a tad slow.

The search string was a first try thing.  So you may start with that
and tweek if for what you want.  I'd be surprized if there isn't something
out there.

Allison