OT: Tube Audio

gordonjcp at gjcp.net gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Sun Oct 23 06:25:40 CDT 2005

> On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:40:30 +0100 (BST)
> ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk (Tony Duell) wrote:
>
>> > For the web enabled amongst us, there is a good UK based vintage radio
>> forum
>> > at:
>> >
>> > http://www.vintage-radio.net
>> >
>> > (but I don't want to kick off the whole mailing list / web forum thing
>> > again........)
>>
>> DOes anyone know of a reasonable vintage tape recorder (and/or VCR) list
>> or forum? It's not really vintage radio (which seems to deal mostly with
>> AM broadcast-band sets), it's not vintage hi-fi. I am thinking of the
>> 1950's and 1960's Philips, Grundig, etc reel-to-reel machines,
>> real-to-real video recorders, N1500, V2000 etc VCRs and the like). Or am
>> I the only person in thw world who fiddles with such machines?
>>

> You're not alone.  And I do need a supplier for belts and what-not.
>
> And tape, even.

I've got a huge pile of N1500 tapes, a probably-mostly-working N1700 and
most of an N1500 sitting in storage.  I have no idea whether it is in any
kind of usable condition, because it may have got damp in the utterly vile
weather we had earlier this year (130mph winds kept me from repairing the
roof for a week or so).

I can get it as far as Glasgow.  If you pay some of the petrol I'll take
it further south.

Gordon.