Looking for an 8 bit FDC...

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 15:57:15 CDT 2005

Fred Cisin wrote:
> Does what you want differ in any significant way from an already existing
> Ampro LittleBoard, or Megatel Quark?
> (small floppy controller with serial/parallel interface)

Nope, probably not. I've just never seen such a beast available in the
UK, or anything else along similar lines.

The closest I've got is probably the floppy unit for the RML 480Z as
that's a Z80-based board with serial and FDC - but its firmware will be
designed to specifically read RML format disks and nothing else (OK, so
I could change the ROMs and run my own firmware...)

cheers

Jules