VMS Drive Cleanup Assist

Erik Klein classiccmp at vintage-computer.com
Wed Oct 26 13:49:24 CDT 2005

Hey all,

I've got a DEC Alpha system that I can grab from work but not until I
clean off the hard drives.

It's a really nice system (server tower plus expansion, tons of docs and
disks, etc.) that I'd like to make available at the VCF.

The question is: how do I clean the drives completely without any real
chance of data being recovered?  The only other option would be to leave
the drives behind so they can be crushed.

I don't really know VMS and I'm not sure what versions are available, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Erik Klein
www.vintage-computer.com