VMS Drive Cleanup Assist

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Oct 27 16:23:41 CDT 2005

On 10/27/2005 at 9:47 PM Gordon JC Pearce wrote:

>Ah, but what if the $THREE_LETTER_AGENCY has a device that can
>reassemble the drive fragments and read them?  I read somewhere that
>they can do that, these days...

I don't know if the Christians in Action actually have the equipment
in-house to do this, but as I recall, it requires something like a STM and
is very very very slow (something like 1 Kbit/hr).   Wasn't there some work
on this published by a guy at ETH a few years back?

IAC, stories like this just give the naysaying manager more ammo.

Cheers,
Chuck