DEC boards of value?

vrs vrs at msn.com
Fri Sep 2 22:26:46 CDT 2005

From: "Jay West" <jwest at classiccmp.org>

> Someone emailed me (a non-collector) with a list of DEC boards
> and they want to know if they have any monetary value. I'm not
> up on many dec boards, particularly XNNN type numbers. So I was
> hoping people here could tell me if any of the below are
> particularly sought after. I suspect the guy will want
> to part with them, likely all at once rather than piecemeal.
> Let me know!

Most of the Mxxx cards you mentioned are fairly generic.  The Axxx
and Wxxx stuff looks more interesting.  None of it is anything
I particularly need (looks like the non-generic stuff is more -11
than -8).

I suspect you could get a few dollars each for them one at a
time on ePay, or rather less as a lot.  My own ePay rule of
thumb is about $5 each for an Mxxx flip-chip module spare.  If
it is something I specifically need, I'll pay more.  Gxxx and
other modules are often specific to a particular device, so I
am willing to pay more (assuming it's a device relevant to my
collection).

This works out well because there is usually someone else willing
to pay a little more, and I already have a fair number of spares :-).

    Vince