SGI Hardware Developer Handbook, Release 2.0 available...

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Wed Sep 7 19:04:18 CDT 2005

For the second time in years, I've obtained a copy of the SGI Hardware
Developers Handbook, Release 2.0 (05/97).

This book covers all SGI products from the earliest Personal Iris through the
Origin 2000/Onyx2.  It details Chassis; Interfaces (serial, keyboard, mouse,
parallel, disk drive, monitors, memory, graphics, video, audio, CPU, Bus,
backplanes, network connectors, I/O Panel Plates, Drive Sleds); "hinv" output
descriptions (complete); Software & Hardware tools, etc.

This book was created for SGI hardware designers - but is a terrific source of
information for all SGI buffs and collectors. The copy I picked up years ago
is worn from a great deal of use!!!

The copy I just obtained is brand new - with no markings or scratches other
than one very minor nick on the bottom of the front cover.

Before I put it on "ePay", I decided to offer it to this list first via the
Vintage Computer Marketplace:

http://www.vintagecomputermarketplace.com/bid.cfm?ad=2009

I normally would not post my own auction item on this list - but this is one
of those great finds that one seldom gets an opportunity to pick up...

Cheers,
Lyle
--
Lyle Bickley