VAX 4000/705a SCSI

Michael Schneider ms at vaxcluster.de
Sat Sep 17 15:10:42 CDT 2005

(Sorry: most of the time - no: always! - i only lurk on this list,
reading. I'll promise to do better, one day...)

Stefan wrote:
> I'm sure some of you guys have the exact answer to this :
> I've got a VAX 4000/705a without any disks.
> I could of course get some DSSI disks but I would rather have some SCSI
> disks attached to it. My question : how can I make this VAX SCSI able ?

Give me the cpu board, and i give you a (lousy) SCSI-controller... 8-)

No, seriously: i would go dssi, it's way cooler. If you need a disk or
two, i could help out.

> And second question, can anyone help me get any needed hardware to for
> this ?

Whatever you need, just ask. I'm in southern Germany, so shipping things
should be doable.
I have a few spares for my 4000/500, which should do.

Greetings
Michael

Michael Schneider                       email:   ms at vaxcluster.de
Germany                                  http://www.vaxcluster.de

         "Man muss nicht immer alles glauben was stimmt"