Quest for DEC LPS-40 Documentation

Allison ajp166 at bellatlantic.net
Sun Sep 25 13:30:21 CDT 2005

>Subject: Re: Quest for DEC LPS-40 Documentation
>   From: "John C. Ellingboe" <john at guntersville.net>
>   Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:16:54 -0500
>     To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
>

>I may be in real trouble volume wise then. :-)   What kind of
>service was required on the 45 day schedule?  That still equals
>or beats the modern desk top things after they have been in
>service a short time though.

Toner system clogs, sticking cleaning blade, developer unit problems,
drum(photoreceptor) issues, paper handling.  But the bulk issues
were print quality related.

At a bare minimum before using I'd pull the cleaning unit and developer
unit and thoughly clean both, inspect the drum for surface damage and
make sure the cleaning blade is good condition.  Then I'd inspect the
corona assemblies and lamps for operation.

Allison