FPGA PDP-11

9000 VAX vax9000 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 22:25:32 CDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Douglas Taylor <dj.taylor at starpower.net> wrote:
> I found this interesting bit of work on the web, it is a college project to
> create a PDP-11 on a chip; look at the link:
>

> http://shimizu-lab.dt.u-tokai.ac.jp/pop11.html
>

> Why did he pick PDP-11/40 model?

I probably know why they chose PDP-11/40, because I chose PDP-11/40
before I found their work. The reason why I chose PDP-11/40 is because
UNIX V6 runs on PDP-11/40 and there is a very good book about the UNIX
V6 source code hacking (written by an Australian I believe). Sure, I
abandoned the plan to create a PDP-11/40 to focus on other projects.

vax, 9000