PalmOS no more? :(

Scott Stevens chenmel at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 30 20:01:21 CDT 2005

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 00:01:30 +2500 (BST)
ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk (Tony Duell) wrote:

> > My Tandy Pocket Computer (a PC-8) still has the same battery in it
that
> > it did when I bought it used.  Granted, I don't hammer away at it
>
> I've heard stories of HP Voyager series calculators (10C, 11C, 12C,
15C,
> 16C) running for 15 years or more on the same set of 3 LR44 button
cells.
> And being used fairly hard in that time.
>
> -tony

I used my HP-11C calculator for years at work.  Then some hearing aid
company (for some reason) sent me a sample kit of hearing aid batteries.
 They were a smaller radius but the same thickness.  I put them in the
HP11C and wedged a little of that 'pink ESD supressant' foam to hold
them in place, and used it for quite a while that way.

Yesterday at work someone found an HP-45 Owners Handbook and two Quick
Reference Guides stuck in a cabinet that was being cleaned out, and
handed them to me.  I have succeeded in getting the folks at work well
trained. ;)