Z80 TRAP and CP/M

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Apr 5 00:50:05 CDT 2006

On 4/4/2006 at 10:12 PM Roy J. Tellason wrote:

>Yup!  I just like orthagonality,  I guess...
>
>Blame that H-11 that was my first hand-on exposure to a computer for
>spoiling my expectations in that regard.  :-)

It's funny that the GI CP1600 never caught on--8 16-bit registers, R7 being
PC and R6 being the stack pointer, R4 and R5 being auto-increment and R0-R3
being general purpose.  Very clean and easy to program.  As far as I know,
the Activision game boxes were the only consumer products to use it.

Cheers,
Chuck