Exxon series 500?

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Tue Apr 11 21:00:20 CDT 2006

"Joe R." wrote:
>  Anybody know what this is? I found three boxs of new 5 1/4" disks for one
>today. I picked them up becuase they're 96TPI DS DD (aka DS QD) and I can
>use them in my SB-180 puters and Nicolet DSO.  I'm just wondeering about
>the computer that they're supposed to go with.

I'm having some sort of flashback to something like "Exxon Data Systems"
and... mmm.. very fuzzy... a small development group in... PA?... maybe
it was some sort of CP/M computer?

I seem to recall having used one of these and bumping into some odd
story about how Exxon got into the minicomputer business.  There's
something else else significant attached to those nurons but I don't
recall right now.  For some reason I needed to use one of those machines
long ago.

-brad