QIC drive bands

Scott Quinn compoobah at valleyimplants.com
Thu Apr 13 11:51:09 CDT 2006

 More in the interminable drive band discussion:

Further investigation on a statistically insignificant sample shows a wide range of drive band lengths, and the band pulled from a newish tape annd used (successfully) in the old tapes was the longest.
I am now wondering if the problem may have more to do with surface degradation and "glazing" lowering the friction between the drive belt and the tape.

A possible test of this hypothesis would be to use "Rubber Renu" on an old tape band and see if the issue is resolved.

Before I do that, I wanted to get some more input. I'm not sure of the composition of the drive bands, or whether "Rubber Renu" (main ingredient: Methyl Salicylate) would be injurous to the tapes in the small quantities that would remain on the band.