ADDS Mentor 2000 - IMPORTANT

Dave Dunfield dave06a at dunfield.com
Sat Apr 15 00:08:44 CDT 2006

> when you have the Time prompt, try hitting a "break" (async break is 10
> or more
> bit times of space) and see if you get a prompt like
>
> I 6.123
> !

Hitting BREAK at the TIME= prompt locks up the system, much the same
as I described when hitting it while logged-on.

I can however get to this monitor by hitting BREAK shortly after pressing
'X' at the OPTIONS prompt ... The display looks exactly like you show

I x.xxx (different numbers)
!

There is also a 'TRAP' button on the front of the unit - I can hit it at any
time to get to a different monitor. Here is a sample session showing
what happens, and the commands known to that monitor:

A D D S / A S D   M E N T O R
ADDS MENTOR DIAGNOSTIC ASSURANCE MONITOR RELEASE 1.2
Copyright (c) 1984 Applied Digital Data Systems Inc.

EPIC Test - Passed 00:00:00

RAM Test - 00:00:01

Command 0>e d

 9 COMM LINES
 512K CORE

OPTIONS [X,F,NX]= X
SPOOLER STARTED
LINKING WORKSPACE FOR PROCESS 0

            <<<           Welcome to ADDS MENTOR           >>>
            <<< 00:00:11  Release 2.4 Rev (8)  23 SEP 1988 >>>

THIS IS THE COLD-START PROCEDURE

  ===> IF YOU ARE RECOVERING FROM A CRASH, TYPE IN 'RECOVER' WHEN YOU
       ARE ASKED TO INPUT THE TIME.

00:00:14  23 SEP 1988
COUNT SYSTEM-ERRORS

 16 ITEMS COUNTED

TIME =   *** Here I hit 'TRAP' ***
FLUSHING MEMORY.
FLUSH COMPLETE

* TRAP *
BREAK AT 805022
00:00:06
.h
00:00:06
 A - Set the CE card trap [ADDR] {DATA} {OPT}.
 B - Set/clear the breakpoint
 C - Compare memory data
 D - Display memory data
 E - Execute the Boot
 F - Fill memory with a constant
 G - Goto the current RPC
 H - Help the operator with a menu of commands
 I - Input/output from/to and I/O port
 J - Jump to the specified address
 K -
 L - LOAD or LOADHEX the Z8000 or MACZ hex file
 M - Move data in ram
 N - Next (single step)
 O - Set the Time of Day
 P - Toggle the printer enable
 Q - Quit the monitor, enter transparent mode
 R - Display/modify the user register values
 S - SEND a hex file to disk
 T - Test the specified ram
 U - Read the Disk
 V - Write the Disk