1350A vs 1351A

Bob Shannon bshannon at tiac.net
Sun Apr 23 21:47:29 CDT 2006

This is a little strange!

A HP1350 will plot vectors from 0 to 1022.

A HP1351 will not.  It will plot vectors from 0 to 1020.
I need to retest this up to 1021 to see exactly where the
limit is.

The program I'm using for this testing draws a box around
the limits of the display, and then two diagonal lines from corner
to corner.  The result is a large box with an X through it.

When the 1351 'fails' to plot the box, only the left hand Y axis
vector is drawn.  No letters appear.

When a 1350 tries to draw off the edge of the screen one
of two things happen.

Either a vector is drawn that wraps around, or a letter or
symbol is drawn in place of the out of bounds vector.