anyone have a terminal server?

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Mon Apr 24 11:36:18 CDT 2006

In article <a06200715c071cacf596f@[192.168.1.199]>,
    "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com>  writes:

> >- Honeywell
> >     VIP 7809
>
> I think you might find that this speaks some weird protocol, and that
> it probably expects to be connected to a Honeywell IOP (I/O
> Processor).  I don't remember the specifics, and don't have my
> manuals handy (not even sure I have any that cover terminals, as
> they're mostly for GCOS-8).
>
> Do you happen to know what type computer it expected to talk to, and
> do you happen to have a picture of it online anywhere?

I purchased it off ebay and it has a ruggedized military shipping case
and what looks to be standard RS-232 style cabling.  I haven't
attempted to power it on or attach it to anything yet, although the
seller reported it working when powered on.  I just thought the
military shipping crate was too cool to pass up :-).
             Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
                <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>