VAXen RULE! (WAS Microkernels)

Segin segin2005 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 12:22:48 CDT 2006

Al Kossow wrote:
>>Current Macs share much more with PeeCees
>>than SGI IRISes and Sun SPARCs, so there is most likely a non-insignificant
>
> amount of suboptimal hardware that eats processor cycles
>
> Please give concrete examples of this "suboptimal hardware" you speculate
> about, and give examples of how this is done better on SGI or Sun DESKTOP
> CLASS Hardware.

When will the flamewar ever end? Is x86 the magical trolling word around
here? I'm real sorry, I never knew that mentioning x86 systems here
would cause such a dicussion.

That said, does anyone happen to know when the "newest" produced VAX was
made? My best research indicates that HP continued cranking them out
until mid-2005, but that could be wrong...

--
The real problem with C++ for kernel modules is: the language just sucks.
	-- Linus Torvalds