Mac keyboards

Teo Zenios teoz at neo.rr.com
Tue Aug 8 01:29:40 CDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don" <THX1138 at dakotacom.net>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:27 AM
Subject: Re: Mac keyboards

> Sean Conner wrote:
> > It was thus said that the Great Don once stated:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have an "Apple Adjustable Keyboard" -- a wacky keyboard
> >> that splits in the center ("ergonomic"?) and has an
> >> auxillary "function/numeric" keyboard that sits alongside
> >> it (sheesh!  What a wacky arrangement -- how to use up the
> >> most desktop space with the least added functionality!  :<  )
> >>
> >> Needless to say, I am not happy with it.  What should I
> >> be looking for as an alternative?
> >
> >   I use an IBM PS/2 keyboard with a PS/2->USB adaptor, with
DoubleCommand
> > running to give me access to the "Command" key (that's found on Mac
> > keyboards but not on the IBM PS/2 keyboard).  Works great for me.
>
> 840AV uses ADB.  Are you suggesing the same approach but
> with a "PS/2->ADB" adapter?  :-/

Apple Extended Keyboard II's are good (solid clicky and liked by most
people).

http://skylab.org/~chugga/pictures/forsale/kbd3.JPG

If you like small keyboards the IIgs style one is compact

http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~kazzysvg/newfiles/keyboard1design/gskeyboard1.jpg

ADB mice plug into the side of the Mac keyboards.

Apple Keyboard II's are mushy pieces of junk (have one), the original Apple
extended keyboard is ok also.

I also have some Appledesign Keyboards that are ok.

http://www.eliteauctions.net/product/appdesign_key_400x300.jpg