ID these boards?

Don THX1138 at dakotacom.net
Sun Aug 13 02:40:11 CDT 2006

Jules Richardson wrote:
> Ethan Dicks wrote:
>>>
>>> Nope,  but I do have the boards laying here.  Gotta get a digital
>>> camera one
>>> of these days...
>>
>> Got a flatbed scanner?  They make nice pictures of boards.
>
> Not necessarily. Of the three that I've tried, none of them had
> sufficient field depth to do a decent job. They'd handle the underside
> of the board well enough, but couldn't cope with the topside being
> raised off the scanner bed a quarter inch or so by the components.

I regularly scan PCB's -- though I strip them, first
(for exactly this reason).  Of course, if it's a one-of-a-kind
item, I wouldn't trash it like this.  But, so many things
are "dirt common" that it just isn't worth trying to save
ALL of them.

I'll be stripping an NCD-14c, 19r and 88K in the next week
or two on their way to the trash.  I figure documenting the
circuitry is worth more than *they* are  :-/