KVMs

Teo Zenios teoz at neo.rr.com
Sun Aug 13 19:14:46 CDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don" <THX1138 at dakotacom.net>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: KVMs

> It *should* be simple to get a box to do all of the above.
> It's disappointing and annoying that it *isn't*!  :-(

I was surprised it took Belkin so long to get a KVM for home use that
switched audio (perfect for retro gamers with multiple generations of
machines).

My Black Box 12 port ADB KVM must have been made for a server room since it
has  jumpers for each video output so machines can boot and sense a
"monitor" even when you are using another port on the KVM.

I guess its not worth it financialy to make and sell a low volume multi
platform KVM under $1000, then again I thaught there would be a few EE
degreed people on this list who would have designed and made one just for
the hell of it (since they would need one).