Micom Data Concentrator

Kevin Handy kth at srv.net
Tue Aug 15 15:50:36 CDT 2006

Christian Corti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two Micom Micro800/2 DataConcentrators and can't get them to do
> anything useful. I think they are concentrators/multiplexors that
> multiplex 8 terminal lines over one high-speed serial line.
> The problem is I don't have any manuals for them nor any other
> information like pinouts or switch settings, does anyone have the
> manual in electronic form? I only have a manual for the Micro800/X.25
> Concentrator PAD.

I have seen two different types of connectors for multiplexors.

1. Leased line (usually 2 pair). Will be either a screw-on connector
   or a phone type of connector to hook them up.

2. Synchronous modem. Will have a DB-25 connector for the modem.
   Depends on the mux if it will work with some cross-over cable.

Your best bet would be to find a manual for the device, and see
what it says you can do. Micom.com exists, as part of Nortel,
but a quich search didn't pull up anything. Try that, or a google
search.