PDP-8 /e/f/m memory

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 17 17:49:15 CDT 2006

> > Firstly, this is, as I am sure you agree, not a list to provide answers
> > to members questions.
>
> Thank you for the clarification.  This will save me a great deal of time in
> the future not researching answers to questions.

Oh for %deity's sake....

What I meant was that this is not a list where you can expect (or should
expect) just to get an answer to a question. There will be discussion,
topic drift, and so on. There are, I believe, some lists where the
members _only_ ask questions, which are then answered by private e-mail
so the other posters never get the benefit of said answers, never the get
the chance to comment on possible errors, and so on. I would not like
classiccimp to go that way.

But of course you (all of us) should attempt to answer on-topic questions
if we can...