One for classiccmp.org? (was: Re: Archived a few PERQ games...)

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 21 14:48:35 CDT 2006

Tony Duell wrote:
>> (on the PC this time) to read in the disk image and dump the directory
>> structure and files to disk without too many hairy issues.  (The utility
>> and all the files on the disk are now on my website at
>> http://yahozna.dhs.org/computers/software/PERQ).
>
> I really must find time to look at that...

Hmm, random thought, but does it make sense to have a list on classiccmp.org
of what preservation work (in terms of utilities, procedures etc.) has been
done for various machines?

It doesn't even necessarily need to be a maintained list of links - just
recording the fact e.g. that someone out there has successfully hacked
something to recover data off system xyz would be useful. I tend to find that
sort of level of info isn't so readily available via google, and often am too
busy to be able to wade through a few dozen enthusiast sites in order to see
what people have come up with already...

cheers

Jules