OT: Hotdog cooker links

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Tue Aug 22 14:10:04 CDT 2006

I built a hot dog cooker when I was 9, consisting of a small piece of pine
(1x4 nominal), two nails, and a line-cord connected to 110VAC mains. It was
based on an idea I saw in a book somewhere. My dad was absolutely sure it
wouldn't work. It did. We disassembled it right after using it because of
the hazards of exposed line voltage and two pointy things sticking up.

Those were the days.

At 01:14 PM 8/22/2006 -0400, you wrote:

> >> When I was in university (70s), I had a hot-dog cooker which cooked
> >> weiners by connecting them across the 110v AC mains. This was a
> >> commercially produced device.
> > > [snip]
>

>Not a comercial product, yet a great educational
>example:   http://tinyurl.com/lf7cs
>This 1950's version is more ontopic :)    http://tinyurl.com/mn8eg
>There have been numerious ways for a cool cat to heat a dog ....
>
>ok ... Back under my rock, I go :)

[Disgrace] She is absolutely inadmissible into society. Many a woman
has a past, but I am told that she has at least a dozen, and that
they all fit. --Oscar Wilde
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com   (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)  WEB ADDRESS http//www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531