Recommendations for operating system

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Aug 27 22:32:21 CDT 2006

On 8/27/2006 at 8:23 PM Zane H. Healy wrote:

>How available is software (OS and apps)?  I ran OS/2 from V1.3 - 3.0,
>shortly after 3 came out, I moved to a Mac.  A few years ago I build
>a Pentium 233 to run OS/2 Warp 3 on, and the hardest part was getting
>a compatible network card (out of a whole box I had one compatible
>card).

Until recently, when my NICs have been on the mobo, I made it a point to
purchase only cards with NE2000 compatibility.  Heck, I've even got a
couple Artisoft cards with jumperable NE1000/2000 compatiblity.   I never
had a problem getting anything to run with these--drivers are ubiquitous.

Cheers,
Chuck