Age cutoff, was: Recommendations for operating system

James Rice james.rice at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 13:00:25 CDT 2006

On 8/28/06, mbbrutman-cctalk at brutman.com <mbbrutman-cctalk at brutman.com> wrote:

 Here on the cctalk list the off-topic discussion seems to
> arise from people trying to be overly pedantic and showing off their hardcore
> eliteness.  Yes, I feel inferior because I'm interested in old 8/16 bitters and
> I don't build my own CPUs from raw sand. ;-)

I've been on this list for several years and I get that feeling too
because I'm into Unix boxes, 8/16bitters and Mac's.  For me the noise
I have to filter is the DEC/Big Iron discussions to get the pearls
that fit my interests.   But, to each their own, if we all liked the
same thing there would be more competition for an ever decreasing pool
of available hardware.

--
www.blackcube.org - The Texas State Home for Wayward and Orphaned Computers