Statement & apology (was Re: 10 Year Rule)

Tue Aug 29 12:08:12 CDT 2006

> For the record, I think Jay is doing a GREAT job, and more people who
> might be intimidated by this thread but who agree should speak up and
> say so.

Well, I don't feel intimidated by the thread.  But I do think Jay is
doing a good job managing the list; I don't agree with everything he
does/says, but I agree with most of it, and I think he's probably doing
a better job than I would in his place.

If Jay says the list rules have changed, the list rules have changed,
and it is not for us to gainsay him.  classiccmp is a tremendous
resource, and it seems to me more than a trifle arrogant for us to try
to tell Jay how he has to run something he's *donating* to us.

If you don't like it, go start your own list.  Make it good, and I
might even subscribe. :-)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca