Sharp PC-1211

Josef Chessor josefcub at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 20:02:13 CDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Tony Duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> There's some problem that the original cells in the computer were 1.35V
> mercury cells. The replacements (alkaline cells) are closer to 1.5V. I
> know some (all?) PC1211s do odd things if given 4 alkaline cells. A
> silicon diode in series with one of the battery conenctions generally
> fixes that.

There's a solution to the mercury battery issue.  My 35 year-old Canon
35mm SLR camera  requires PX625 mercury cells.  Today, since they're
illegal in the US from what I understand, there exists what's called
the 'Wein cell'.  1.35V zinc-air battery.

Of course I don't know exactly what the PC-1211 requires, but it's a thought.

http://www.weincell.com/

Josef
--
"I laugh because I dare not cry.  This is a crazy world
 and the only way to enjoy it is to treat it as a joke."