Hazeltine 'computer'?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Dec 2 09:18:00 CST 2006

On Dec 1, 2006, at 12:30 PM, Richard wrote:
> A guy on ebay is selling something that looks suspiciously like the
> monitor portion of a terminal, but he is calling it a Hazeltine
> 'computer'.  I asked him if it was a terminal and he responded saying:
>
>     "Its a computer, not a monitor."
>
> Either he didn't understand my question (I didn't ask if it was a
> monitor, I asked if it was a terminal) or he had a brain-fart and
> typed "monitor" instead of terminal in his reply.
>
> The item is #300053801044 and has a detail photo of the model plate
> where it says model 1DTD155463.  On the lower left rear is what looks
> suspiciously like two DB-25 style connectors, presumably one for the
> host and one for a printer.

   This is the monitor half of a Hazeltine Esprit terminal.  I had
one on my desk for many years; it is hands-down the best terminal
that I have EVER used.  I'd just about kill for one now, but I've not
been able to find one.  Sadly, this one is useless because the
keyboard is missing.

   *sniffle*

                     -Dave

--