TCP/IP, FTP, and MSDOS?

C. Sullivan feedle at feedle.net
Thu Dec 7 17:53:59 CST 2006

Jules Richardson wrote:
> C. Sullivan wrote:
>> Jules Richardson wrote:
>>>
>>> Out of interest, what do I need in the way of TCP/IP software /
>>> configuration and FTP client software so that I can connect to a
>>> remote FTP server from MSDOS?
>>
>> All you need to know:
>> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/2884/dosint.htm
>
> So, I need a packet driver and a network stack, right? I've found the
> Etherlink III DOS config utility, so that's probably the card to go
> for as drivers seem readily available.

If I remember properly, you should be able to find a 'packet driver' on
the crynwr site for your card.  That, plus a packet-driver compatible
program, and you're good to go.

> Does anyone know if the Trumpet stack (hmm, is it even free?) is
> mirrored for download anywhere? The main Trumpet website is
> inaccessible (at least from here - I get 'forbidden' errors, but it
> may be that my ISPs web proxies have screwed up yet again)

Don't know about trumpet, but I think the CUTCP package from Rutgers has
everything you need once you have a packet driver from Crynwr, if I
remember right.

http://opcenter.cites.uiuc.edu/nas/nash/cutcp/cutcp.html has pointers.