What would it take...

Peter C. Wallace pcw at mesanet.com
Fri Dec 8 13:12:57 CST 2006

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, 9000 VAX wrote:

> Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:53:06 -0500
> From: 9000 VAX <vax9000 at gmail.com>
> To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
> Subject: Re: What would it take...

>> you can buy xilinx parallel port "cables" on ebay for $15.
>>
>> i'd be hard pressed to make it myself for less...
>

> I made one according to this guild,
> http://toolbox.xilinx.com/docsan/2_1i/data/common/jtg/fig26.htm
>
> It worked well.
>
> vax, 9000
>

>> -brad

I have PCBs for a Xilinx model 3 parallel compatible cable with some
improvements:

Schmitt triggers on all I/O - especially important on TCLK if you have a long
parallel cable.

HC (not HCT) parts and VIO clamp so it will work reliably with 2.5V JTAG

If anyone wants one I will mail them to them for free...

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)