RK05 images

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Sun Dec 10 19:21:08 CST 2006

I've imaged the first of (many) RK05 packs.  Here's what I've done so
far (these were done first because they were either cleaned or because
they were still sealed in the *original* DEC shipping boxes):

    * PDP-11 F-77/RSX V4.0 (DEC Distribution media)
    * RMS-11 V1.8/RSX-11M V3.2 (DEC Distribution media)
    * RSX-11M V3.2 AUTOPATCH 1/2 (DEC Distribution media)
    * RSX-11M V3.2 AUTOPATCH 2/2 (DEC Distribution media)
    * RT11 V4.0 MUBASIC V2 (handwritten label)
    * XXDP RKDP PKG #1 (handwritten label)

I'll be putting these up on my website in the next few days (the images
will have been gzip'd to save space and reduce bandwidth).

To wet your appetites, here are some of the other "high" value packs
(these are all DEC Distribution media unless otherwise noted):

    * EDU-DECAL (DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CA1 AUTHOR LANGUAGE SYSTEM)
    * RSTS V6C RK System 1 of 3 (handwritten)
    * RMS-11K/RSX-11M V1.5
    * DECNET-11M/S V3.1 1/2
    * XXDP Diags RKDP PKG #2 (handwritten)
    * CVZZDU0 LSI-11 DKDP+ DIAG PKG
    * DECNET-11M/S V3.1 2/2
    * RSX-11M AUTO-PATCH REV-D
    * RSX11S V2.1
    * CTS-300/DIS V1
    * SORT-11 V01
    * XXDP RKDP DIAG PKG 1
    * XXDP RKDP DIAG PKG 2
    * XXDP RKDP DIAG PKG 3
    * F4/IAS-RSX V2.2
    * DECNET-11M/S V2.0 1/2
    * RSX11M V3.1 MCRSRC
    * RSX11M V3.1 FCPDMP
    * MUMPS V04 (handwritten)
    * F4-PLUS/RSX V3.0
    * DIBOL-11 SOURCE RELEASE 4 (Typed label)
    * RSX-11M V3.2 EXC SRC BIN
    * COBOL/RSX11M/IAS V4
    * COBOL/RSX11M/IAS V3.1 BIN
    * DECNET-11M/S V3.1 NET 1/2

I have to clean each of these packs before I image them since they
weren't kept in the original shipping boxes.  I also have 170+
additional packs that have all handwritten labels, but weren't as
interesting as what I've already listed.  Cleaning a pack takes about 20
minutes (including disassembly and reassembly) so don't expect these to
be done quickly.

Except for the two packs that I've cleaned myself (above), I'm not sure
if the contents of the packs match what the labels indicate.  I've also
discovered that DEC distribution packs (at least the ones I've read so
far) only format the first 202 cylinders (vs a max of 203 cylinders).

--

TTFN - Guy