Cleaning disk packs

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 11 13:23:33 CST 2006

> > I have an automatic pack cleaner for RL01/02 packs.
> >

> I have one for RK05 cartridges.
> Very funny to see it in operation, a little arm with cleanin pads attached
> to it move very slowely out and in while the disk spins at around 3 - 5 rpm.

If that's the official DEC one, then the one for RL packs is the same
apart from the bits that hold the pack (they are quite hard to tell
apart, therefore). I found that out the hard way when scavenging with a
friend, we foudn 2 of the machines, assumed they were the same and took
one each. He got the TK05 one, I got the RL one...