VR241 and X.Org

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 13:38:40 CST 2006

> I wasn't attempting to get it to - some PC VAs can, I believe, output
> composite sync or Sync on Green. The options are certainly there in the

That is the easy part of the problem :-) There are several circuits for
this on thw web I believe.

> X configuration file. And I have previously gotten my card to output PAL
> and NTSC timings.

If you can do NTSC timing it should be fine.

Random mutterins :

This monitor is not pleasant to repair, if yoy ever have to do it. Most
of the circuity on the PSU board is directly connected to the mains power
line (!). And the power supply is very unconventional. There's an
astable on the PSU board that gets it going, but which is disabled
shortly after power-up. For mormal operation, the PSU is driven by a
winding on the flyback transformer. So fo the PSU to run for any length
of time, the horixontal oscillator (part of the hybrid circuit in tbe
middle of the dflection PCB), the horixontal output stage, the flyback
transformer, etc all have to be working. Makes faultfinding 'interesting' :-)