SPAM (on list) was:Re: classiccmp list (sort of) help requested

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Fri Dec 15 09:43:45 CST 2006

> I wrote a "shim" program that accepts incoming SMTP connection and
> passes them on to the real MTA when it gets a valid RCPT.  It was
> designed to turn away bogus RCPTs very very cheaply (and it works
> spectacularly well for that[%]), but it also does banner delay, DATA
> delay, and early talker rejection.  (Because it connects through to a
> real MTA in real time, it avoids the worst of the hairy issues that
> plague MTAs, like queueing and retries.)
>
> I wrote this for work, but they've given me approval to release it (I
> asked preemptively); I can put it up for FTP if there's any interest.

I would, for one, be quite interested in your implementation. I have
greet_pause implemented in sendmail, and some fairly draconian custom
rules, but it needs all the help it can get.

--
--------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ ---
-- So what's my point? I don't know, it's fun to talk about. -- Judy Blackburn