What to do with a VAX KA655 board that is prone to CDAL parity error?

9000 VAX vax9000 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 16:00:29 CST 2006

On 12/16/06, Gordon JC Pearce <gordon at gjcp.net> wrote:

> That's a bit odd.  What is this "panel head" of which you speak?  The
> thing with the sockets on?

It is the metal cover with several switches, an 7 segment diagnostic LED and
the console serial port socket.

I'd wonder if there was some crazy earthing shenanigans going on.

I swap in another KA655 and that one works perfectly, even with the panel
head that I talked about. So I guess something happend to the first KA655 so
it is sensitive to noise. I decide to take it off duty.

vax, 9000

Gordon