Advice for tape drive repair / maintenance

Alexandre Souza alexandre-listas at e-secure.com.br
Thu Dec 21 08:46:04 CST 2006

> packs in after a few years. I'll admit that they may well go out and
> buy a new one two-four years down the road, but if they keep it, it
> has to keep on working. (I'll admit that this generally does not seem
> to apply to mobile phones - no idea why not).

    The matter with cell phones is that there is always innovation. A TV set
is a TV set, there are no news on that. Same to a stereo, what else would
you want into a stereo? Maybe USB MP3 playing! but in the cell phone area
there are always news. Every week you can see 3 or 4 new models on Engadget,
one better than another. I have an "old" Nokia 6600, but I'm hoping I can
get a N-series soon. Better camera, more memory, bigger screen, faster
internet!