Advice for tape drive repair / maintenance

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Dec 21 15:19:57 CST 2006

> See, I'm somewhat atypical there... I want a phone that's good at making phone
> calls. I don't want it to do a million other things, most of which I won't
> need *ever*, let alone occasionally. I'd rather that all the time and money
> that had gone into developing that phone had been spent on making it as easy
> to use and as robust as possible - not in adding complexity via additional
> features which just get in the way.

"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to
use my telephone" I said that after a frustrating attempt to use a
"feature-rich" telephone sometime around 1990. I'm sure the sentiment
wasn't original, and probably not even the overall phrasing; someone must
have thought of that before me.
    		    		- Bjarne Strousstrup