Advice for tape drive repair / maintenance

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 21 15:56:40 CST 2006

William Donzelli wrote:
>> I've got a good camera; why would I need a bad one on a phone?
>
> Because they are handy. Really handy. When going thru a junkyard,
> warehouse, swapfest, or whatever, they make an excellent extension to
> ones visual memory. Don't expect high art - expect a visual notepad.

But my camera fits in my jacket pocket just as well as a phone does - for any
of those situations I'd have it with me [1] so that I could take good-quality
photos of things to aid memory. For any situation where I can reasonably
expect to want to take photos, I'll have a camera with me anyway - I just
don't need an inferior-quality version on another gadget.

[1] I deliberately bought a metal-bodied camera which felt solidy built,
expecting it might suffer a few knocks once in a while (yes, it has been to
the odd junkyard :)  Most of the plastic creations out there look like they'd
fall apart if you so much as sneezed near them...

cheers

Jules