got an HP 9915A computer

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 22 16:29:48 CST 2006

> Haven't decided what to do with it yet.

The HP9915 is very similar (elecrornically) to the HP85,. but in a metal
case that can be fittied into a rackmount kit. The 3 edge connectors at
the abck take the mormal HP85 interfacs, there's are pins on the main PCB
insde that act like a built-in ROM Drawer and take HP85 ROMs.

There's also an internal PCB that can take EPROMs, and which I believe
can be used as a read-only mass storage decice,

Tye BNC conenctor on the back is standard TV-rate composite video. The
DB25 socket is for a keyboard. That keeyboard is rare (read
next-to-impossible to find). But it's just a matrix of swtiches. There
are pinouts (and schematics) for the 9915 on the web, the keyboard matrix
is the same as the HP85 matrix, and I think the official service manual
for that is on the web too.

The frontpanel buttons are electically the programamble funciton keys on
the keyrboard, and the shift key.