This just MADE my day

William Maddox wmaddox at pacbell.net
Mon Dec 25 14:23:14 CST 2006

--- jim stephens <jwstephens at msm.umr.edu> wrote:

> Al Kossow wrote:
> > and get the scans for $10
> > ----
> > THANK YOU VERY MUCH, members of the collecting
> "community"
> >
> > I should just run the paper into the shredder.
> I wondered when this sort of thing might start.

Barry is a manuals dealer.  He seems to be involved
primarily with military radios, test equipment, and
Heathkit gear.  I doubt he considers himself a member
of our community, though I would like to think that
being involved with old electronics in general he
would
have some affinity for it.

BTW, I confess to have caused the run-up in the price
of those documents.  I misjudged Al's interest in
them,
and wanted to make sure that somebody else didn't get
them, only to have them disappear into a black hole.
It turns out that Al outbid me anyhow. I've offered to
buy the documents from Al after he's scanned them.  I
really appreciate that Al is willing to spend his
personal funds to build the archive, and think that it
would be a good thing if we could spread the burden
around somehow.

--Bill