SCSI CD cabinets

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Fri Dec 29 18:54:23 CST 2006

Oh my, what am I going to do with these MDI SCSI CD boxes? I have 3 or 4 of
them, each one containing seven CD-ROM drives, a power supply, and some
kind of logical unit controller, so all 7 drives appear a LUNs under one
SCSI address.

The drives are Toshiba XM-5301B, a 4x tray-type (doesn't need caddies) that
works sideways or in the more usual orientation.

Specs here, from http://www.netcomdirect.com/tosxm4xfonco.html
CD-ROM Mode 1 -data discs
CD-ROM Mode 2 - data discs
CD-DA audio discs
CD-DA/ROM - Mixed mode/combined
CD-ROM XA and Photo CD (Single and Multisession)
CD-Bridge (White book, Video CD)
CD-I, CD-I ready

The cabinets are 17" but with ears for std rack mount, 7 inches high, depth
behind the rack 20 inches.

Anyone (local) want some? Anyone got any ideas what to DO with them?

-Tom

[Love] Once he drew With one long kiss my whole soul thro'  My lips,
as sunlight drinketh dew.  --Alfred Tennyson (1809-1892) Fatima
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com   (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)  WEB ADDRESS http//www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531