SCSI CD cabinets

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Sun Dec 31 00:38:06 CST 2006

At 06:00 AM 12/30/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>Tom Peters wrote:
>>Oh my, what am I going to do with these MDI SCSI CD boxes? I have 3 or 4
>>of them, each one containing seven CD-ROM drives, a power supply, and
>>some kind of logical unit controller, so all 7 drives appear a LUNs under
>>one SCSI address.
>
>Replace the CD drives with DVD ones and run your own 'net-based movie theatre?
>
>Or: stack them all up and write a program to eject and load the trays
>according to a timer - the effect would probably be rather captivating as
>some sort of "drive tray sine wave" traveled up the stack...
>
>OK, so I can't think of any *good* ideas. ;)

But they were amusing. Well, sort of amusing.

[Pop Culture] You must find the Jade Monkey before the next full
moon.  --Monty Burns, The Simpsons
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com   (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)  WEB ADDRESS http//www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531