RX02 emulator?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:30:35 CST 2006

On 1/31/06, Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:
> So with the T-bus wire wrap board, does it already handle the bus
> tranceiver stuff?  I've been talking off list about techniques for
> handling the bus requirements of Q-bus.  It looks like you still have
> to handle this yourself with a wirewrap board; I'm assuming chips in
> the bottom row of <http://www.geocities.com/saipan59/robots/qbus_card.jpg>
> are the bus transceivers?

It looks like it to me - from the schematic, he's using old National
chips (8838, etc)... not a bad trick for a one-off, but not so easy to
manage for, say, an new community design.  Personally, I collect all
of the NS 8xxx chips I come across (a handful per year), more to
repair old boards than anything else, but someday, if an interesting
design crossed my path, I'd have parts to build one.

-ethan