Mike Quinn Electronics -- one last chance

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Fri Feb 3 12:05:22 CST 2006

In article <d67e42a90602030940n11631aft6978d18365e2bf0f at mail.gmail.com>,
    Eric J Korpela <korpela at ssl.berkeley.edu>  writes:

> On 2/2/06, William Donzelli <aw288 at osfn.org> wrote:
> > As many of you know, the venerable Mike Quinn Electronics in San
> > Leandro, CA (down by the Oakland Airport) closed last Saturday with
> > virtually no advance notice. If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area,
> > you know Mike Quinn is the one of the very last of the nitty gritty
> > electronics salvage shops left, with an emphasis on gritty.
>
> Damn.   I made it a point to buy something every time I went in there
> just to keep some cash flowing.   It was one of the last places you
> could get things for reasonable prices.

For those of us that are within road-trip distance, but not within
casual driving distance, can you give us an idea of what sort of
classic computing gear we might find there?  I'm willing to take a
trip for specific whole items but not for just parts.
             Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
                <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>