SEMI OT END OF TELEGRAM AGE STOP

John Allain allain at panix.com
Fri Feb 3 13:33:43 CST 2006

> Digital off-air TV is better than digital cable.  Digital cable
> gets re-MPEG-compressed as the cable company sees fit; but the
> off-air is consistently higher quality at least in terms of the signal

Witnessed this at my sister's house.
Switching a channel took over a second.
Something about the decoder waiting for the key frame perhaps?
Made chanel surfing excrutiating.
I will not automatically expect digital TV to be superior to current,
   will have to see it perform to believe.

Warning: thread drift may result in flame damage.

Anybody have "The Agency", (CBS 2001-2003) archived?

John A., ducking