what bus is this for?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Feb 3 17:52:22 CST 2006

On 2/3/2006 at 3:30 PM Dwight Elvey wrote:

>Hi
> I think ( but I'm not sure ) that this spacing was
>used for the bus connectors on the KIM-1 and the SYM-1/2.
>Dwight

Could be.  I've got an Optimal Technology EP-2A EPROM programmer board that
I believe was intended for use with the KIM-1. It does use that 44-pin
connector.

Basically it's a 4000-series CMOS counter and some drivers.  IIRC, you had
to provide VPP and probably the other voltages.  I think it's limited to
2708's.  It's in my hellbox and I'm not even sure if I have the docs for
it--although I just might be convinced to check for them if someone wants
to make an offer on it.  It's never been used--the fellow with the KIM-1
who was having me build a little PS for this thing lost interest when he
figured out he'd have to also buy a UV EPROM eraser (not cheap back then).

Cheers,
Chuck