Old Computer Collecting vs Electronics Building

M H Stein dm561 at torfree.net
Sat Feb 4 01:19:19 CST 2006

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 01:56:23 -0500 (EST)
From: der Mouse <mouse at Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
Subject: Re: Old Computer Collecting vs Electronics Building

>> There really should be a requirement for
>> licensing of computer owners/users - if you can't prove you can
>> secure a machine properly, you don't get to own one...

>It's only when they connect to the net - or want to take them on the
>public roads - that there's any reason for the State to get involved.

You're soooo right!!! We have waaaayyy too much freedom and not nearly
enough State control!!! Programmers should of course also be licensed and
only State-approved languages and programs should be permitted. You should
also not be allowed to access the 'Net with anything other than an Intel-inside
PC-compatible meeting State-approved specs and running State-approved
security software (with built-in provisions for bypassing and access by
any State agency that wants it, of course).

I'm sure this would stop every hacker & virus-writer cold, just like our
billion-dollar-plus (original cost estimate: 2 million) gun registry has
eradicated all gun-related crime in Canada (especially here in Toronto).
Oh, wait - no, it's actually more or less tripled since they brought that
in; hmmm...

Love the caps on the State, BTW; puts it right up there with the Big Guy/Gal
where it belongs...

Sheesh... and I made a New Year's resolution to never again get sucked
into and contribute to one of these moronic elitist threads...

Sorry.

mike